1. Three things I want to say to three different people?
- You’re the coolest, and we are so thankful for the sacrifices you make for us.
- Please stop speaking like a slick politician. Transparency is all we ask of you.
- I have heels higher than your standards.
2. One of my insecurities? I talk too much.
3. What turns me on? Good grammar…
4. One of my bad habits? I pull at my eyelashes.
5. Who I wish I could be? A combination of a lot of people. I’m way too insecure to post names on here.
6. Where I want to be right now? I’m happy where I am—on Catlin’s couch, doing homework (in between survey questions), listening to Ingrid Michaelson, and eating an Oreo.
7. The last thing I ate? See Oreo above.
8. Sexiest person that comes to my mind immediately? Gosh, I don’t know. I don’t think about things like that.
9. What song I’m currently listening to? Empty Bottle by Ingrid Michaelson.
10. The last time I cried and why? Chaeli Mycroft, a young woman with cerebral palsy who lives in South Africa, gave a speech at the World Peace Summit in Chicago this last Tuesday, and I shed a few tears. She spoke about how she’s glad that she was born into democracy, but there’s still “Apartheid” in regards to the disabled (or “differently-abled”).
11. Something I’m excited about? Driving to Colorado with my dad in a few weeks.
12. 5 things I like about myself and 5 things I dislike about myself?
- I try hard.
- I smart.
- I’m a decent writer, sometimes.
- I’d rather err on the side of “too nice” than “aloof.”
- My best friend is my beautiful sister, Emily. Her love for me, a love that goes beyond the sisterly requirement, tells me that I’ve done something right.
- I’m self-conscious about shallow things.
- I don’t study for boring, easy classes because they’re boring and easy.
- I put myself out there too much, I think.
- I talk too much.
- I’m not very approachable; I make a negative first impression on most people.
13. Three things I want right now? Another Oreo, a Diet Coke, for my homework and studying to be done.
14. Are you wearing a necklace, who got it for you, where’s it from? Yes, from my dad and sister, and they gave it to me as an 18th birthday present.
15. How long was your last phone conversation? 11 minutes (er, one was six and one right before it was five. We hung up and called back, so it counts.).
16. What are you looking forward to? The end of finals week.
17. Did you get anything off your chest today? I wrote thank-you notes. I haven’t delivered them, but I think that still counts … I got a lot of gratitude off my chest?
18. How many rings do you usually wear? Two.
19. Would you rather go to Canada or California on vacation? Depends.
20. Are you wearing jeans, shorts, sweatpants or pajama pants? Nike shorts.
21. Do you call it fall or autumn? Fall.
22. Are you an emotional person? Yep.
23. It’s 2 in the morning and you get a text message, who is it most likely from? Hinton, maybe? Or my mother.
24. Do you like long car rides? I love them if I’m with the right people.
25. Do you have an adult you can talk to about anything? I don’t have one adult with whom I’ll discuss anything, but I have a plethora of adults to talk to, and combined, I can speak about whatever I desire.
26. Last time you saw your dad? Yesterday.
27. Have you ever kissed someone in a vehicle? Hahahaha. Yes. I was in high school once.
28. Do you do your own laundry? Depends. My mom said she’d never do my laundry again once I went to college, but then she began bribing me to come home for the weekend.
29. Would you like the ability to read minds? I don’t believe I would, no, because I wouldn’t have enough self-control to use the ability sparingly.
30. Has the last person you kissed ever seen you cry? I kissed my dad yesterday, and of course he’s seen me cry.
31. You’re thinking about a certain person right now, aren’t you? Only because you prompted me to.
32. What will you be doing in five years? Teaching, probably. Loving life.
34. Last 2 people to text you? Krista and my sister.
35. Do you know what you want to be when you grow up? I want to teach, reform the American education system, raise kids, love a husband, write. “Being” is overrated; it’s about what you do.
36. Do you like to cuddle? Depends on with whom.
37. When angry, do you get loud or quiet? Angry, mostly.
38. Did anyone see you kiss the last person you kissed on the lips? I kissed my dad on the lips in front of Faith. But the last time I kissed someone outside of my family on the lips, we were in private.
39. Have you ever had a best friend of the opposite sex? Sure.
40. How’s your hair right now? It’s pleased with life. It says hello.(2 years ago)
- 1: What eye color do you find sexiest? I guess blue. I don’t know.
- 2: White, milk, or dark chocolate mocha? White, generally, but I’ll eat any of it.
- 3: If you could get a Sharpie tattoo on your back, what would it be? …. What does this even mean?
- 4: Did you grow up in a small or big town? Did you like it? Medium, and I love it (I’m still growing up … always will be).
- 5: Your favorite adult as a child? (and not your parents, if they were your favorite) Childhood is a long time, but Mrs. Wagy, my fourth grade teacher, probably wins this competition.
- 6: What kind of smoothie sounds really good right now? Peanut butter and banana. So fattening, mm.
- 7: Most embarrassing moment from your elementary school years? Oh god. I’ve probably blocked most of them out, but in third grade, I walked from the bathroom to my classroom with my skirt tucked into my undershorts.
- 8: Most embarrassing moment from your middle school years? I “dated” this boy for about two weeks, and during that time, my video technology teacher, who I was really close with, decided to tease me by randomly projecting stuff about us on the overhead screen during class.
- 9: Most embarrassing moment from your high school years? These girls said some things that made me cry during economics (senior year), and then my teacher tried to talk to me about it, but that just made me cry more. And I am not a pretty crier.
- 10: Pirates or ninjas? Why? Pirates, because my friends are weird and have pirate ships.
- 11: Have you ever climbed a tree more than twenty feet off the ground? I don’t measure the trees I climb, but probably not.
- 12: Did you like swinging as a child? Do you still get excited when you see a swing set? Didn’t everyone? And nowadays, I don’t get excited, but I still swing on them.
- 13: If you could have any pet in the world, illegal or not, what would you get? A jungle cat of some sort. Or a wolf.
- 14: What’s your most favorite part of your body? I don’t think I have one. Shoulders, maybe.
- 15: What’s your most favorite part of your personality? Curiosity.
- 16: Madonna or Lady Gaga? Neither? Both? Who cares? Madonna, but I love ‘em both. Two smart women who know how to work the system and have a good time. What’s not to like?
- 17: Have you ever watched the Superbowl all the way through? No.
- 18: Have you ever watched any major sporting event drunk? No.
- 19: What’s the most delicious food you’ve ever eaten in your life? Nutella!
- 20: Margarine or butter? Which did you grow up with? Neither. Butter.
- 21: Whole, skim, 1%, or 2% milk? (Did you know they make 1 1/2% milk?) Soy or almond. But if you’re gonna force-feed me dairy, I’d prefer it be skim.
- 22: Which continents have you been on? North America and Europe.
- 23: Do you get motion sickness? Any horror stories? Nope, nope. Sorry.
- 24: Backpacks or satchels? Backpacks. My life is contained in my backpack.
- 25: Would you wear a rainbow jacket? A neon yellow sweater? Checkered pants? Doubtful.
- 26: What was your favorite cartoon growing up? Spongebob, of course.
- 27: If you had to have a cow or a pig, which would you take? Why? Cow, probably, but I don’t know why.
- 28: If you had to look at one city skyline for the rest of your life, which would it be? I’d rather not look at a skyline for the rest of my life.
- 29: Longest plane ride you’ve ever been on? I don’t remember. Some European venture.
- 30: The latest you’ve ever slept? Oh there’s no telling. Late.
- 31: Would you buy a sweater covered in kitten pictures? Would you wear it if someone gave it you for free? YES YES. No shame.
- 32: Do you pick at scabs? Yeah. Oops.
- 33: Favorite kind of bean? Kidney? Black? Pinto? Black.
- 34: How far can you throw a baseball? I don’t measure these things.
- 35: If you had to move to another country, where would you move? Germany.
- 36: Have you ever eaten Ethiopian food? Vietnamese? Korean? Nepalese? How was it? No, no, no, no. I imagine it’s all alright, though.
- 37: Small, liberal arts school or public university? Why? SMALL LIBERAL ARTS! Short answer: human relationships.
- 38: A relationship with love or one with sex? Love. What kind of question is this?
- 39: Do you eat enough vegetables? Actually, yes, I probably do.
- 40: Do you like horror movies? How about thrillers? Yes, and eh.
- 41: Would you scratch a crotch itch in public? Hahaha. No.
- 42: Do you swear in front of your parents? Sometimes. I need to watch my mouth in general.
- 43: Coolest thing you’ve ever been for Halloween? Dorothy Gale.
- 44: If you could change your natural hair color, would you? To what? I wish I was a ginger. Red hair + my crazy curls would be amazingly wild.
- 45: Do you want to get married? Have kids? Yes, yes. I’m worried neither will happen.
- 46: Do you use a reusable water bottle? If not, you should. I do! Be proud.
- 47: City or nature person? Nature.
- 48: Have you ever used something other than “makeup” as makeup? (Like paint? Markers?) Um, well, in Costa Rica, we face painted with plants, but we weren’t under the impression that it looked like Cover Girl or anything.
- 49: Can you walk well in high heels? Even if you’re a guy? Yes. And I’m not a guy, so yeah.
- 50: Post 5 awesome things about yourself. BRAG AWAY!
- -I may not be the fastest or strongest, but I will work the hardest.
- -My family comes before everyone and everything else.
- -If I’m confident, I can do a lot of things well.
- -My goal is to always better this world.
- -I have pretty cool hair, I think.
When’s the last time you spent time with your cousins?
A couple of weeks ago. Man oh man, I miss those sweet girls.
What kind of lip balm do you use?
Oh I use all kinds. Burts Bees, Chapstick, that kind from Bath and Bodyworks…
Are you frustrated with anything?
Um, you could say that, I guess. I think I just think too much.
Why did you fall for the last person romantically?
I didn’t really fall… Just kinda leaned. But I made myself unbalanced a little bit because he was willing to unbalance himself a little, too. And when a cute, smart, decent guy is willing to fall for me a little, I tend to want to follow suit, because it doesn’t happen often.
What’s your younger sibling’s name?
Emily is 16, and Briley is about to be 11. They’re the loves of my life.
Can you speak in a different language conversationally; if so, which language?
I can speak a little Spanish. I’m working on German.
Do you ever fear of falling asleep?
Not at all. I have a (quite warranted) fear of not falling asleep.
Do you have an idea of what kind of profession you’d like to have?
Writer/educator/legislator. A mover and a shaker.
What’s the last thing you had to eat?
I had some bread… ha.
Would you rather eat all day or exercise all day?
Exercise all day, although both are tempting. I wouldn’t complain about either.
Which countries have you traveled to?
Mexico, England, France, Germany, Italy, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Cayman Islands, Jamaica… I think that’s all.
Which beach would you say is your favorite?
I don’t think I have a favorite beach.
When’s your birthday?
What kind of cookie is your favorite?
I’ll happily take any kind, but I really love chocolate chip.
What is it that you really want right now?
Do you write?
Not enough, but yes. Hopefully, I’ll be a writing machine next semester; my cool writing prof has agreed to work with me independently.
Is there a map hanging in your room?
Have you ever gone to see a movie passed 9:00 PM?
Do you ever pick up your house phone?
Ours is disconnected, but when it was in use, I didn’t.
Would you say you’re a nice person?
I’d say I’m a kind person.
Would you rather hold hands or link arms with your significant other?
Have you ever had a churro?
Way back when.
Truth be told, are you more into looks or personalities the most?
Personality. Looks mean nothing.
(2 years ago)
How is/was your chemistry class in high school?
Terrible. The teacher did not like my non-chemist mind.
What’s your zodiac sign?
Would you rather eat rice or bread?
Say something you’d like to say to someone.
Just go read ellenorr.blogspot.com.